Eight seconds. According to research, that’s how long marketers have to capture their audience’s attention before something else catches their eye and steals their focus away. To compete with all the other content fighting for attention, it’s time to ramp up your visual storytelling.
Just think, content with relevant images gets 94% more views than content without, and visual elements are processed 60,000 times faster than text. Through visual storytelling, you can inspire and engage with your audience, offering a new way for them to connect with your business and process your messages.
When it comes to finding stories in your organization and telling them in a way that relates to your audience, consider the following tips:
- Show, don’t tell. Let the visuals do the talking. Consider featuring a person using your product and/or service, that way your audience can picture how they can put it to use.
- Get personal. Don’t be afraid to let your audience know who you are. Think beyond telling the story of your business, and show the people behind it, including your employees and your customers.
- Be truthful and original. Offer a fresh perspective of what’s interesting about your company. Consider how your organization adds value to real people in real situations with genuine emotions and facts.
- Keep it short and simple. Many people are busy and don’t want to spend time digesting too much information. Remember, if there are too many details, you can lose your audience’s attention.
- Teach something. Each marketing effort should carry and teach a message, whether it’s of your products and services, or brand. Remember to keep your marketing message clear, because after all, you do want your audience to take an action.
Wondering how you can add visual storytelling into your content marketing mix? Contact us today for all of your creative design needs.